miércoles, 29 de septiembre de 2010

Les Grandes Baigneuses - Renoir

I chose Les Grandes Baigneuses by Renoir. He was a French artist who was a leading painter in the development of the Impressionist Style.
Renoir's paintings are notable for their vibrant light and saturated color, most often focusing on people in intimate and candid compositions. The female nude was one of his primary subjects.
The works of his early maturity were typically Impressionist snapshots of real life, full of sparkling colour and light. By the mid 1880s, however, he had broken with the movement to apply a more disciplined, formal technique to portraits and figure paintings, particularly of women, such as Les Grandes Baigneuses. He concentrated especially on monumental nudes and domestic scenes.
Les Grandes Baigneuses is the most typical and successful of Renoir's late, abundantly fleshed nudes.
Renoir is known as a celebrator of beauty, and especially feminine sensuality.

Well, I chose this painting because I'm very impressed about the painting because I think in those times people were very frightened about things like those, and this painting became very successful! I thing Renoir's style is unique and I like some of the themes he used to use. I like he was related with sensuality and beauty, I think he was very creative and in this painting I think there is so much impressionism, because a nude woman is the nearest idea to represent the realism and the life how it is, the nearest idea to Impressionism.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario